OPEN POSITIONS AT CRAIGHILL:
Workshop Technician (Full-time)
Craighill is a contemporary design company, primarily engaged in developing, manufacturing, and selling enduring objects that ignite a sense of wonder. These products are informed by specific production capabilities of our manufacturing partners, located across the country and world. We are a small, growing team dedicated to fostering consciousness of the built world by nurturing curiosity. We aim to build a like-minded staff whose goals align with our purpose and values, namely the pursuit of knowledge, sustainability, interpersonal respect, systems improvements, and ingenuity.
Craighill is looking for a skilled and motivated Workshop Technician to join our expanding team. The Workshop Technician will be the lead metal finisher for all Craighill products. They will engage in various finishing techniques, tools, and machines. Prior metal finishing experience is not required. The Workshop Technician will support the larger Workshop and Fulfillment team by overseeing supply reordering, tool management, machine upkeep, process audits, and quality control. The Workshop Technician will have a consistent dedication to quality control while collaborating with the entire Operations team to execute daily metal finishing tasks and maintain deadlines, production schedules, and supply ordering.
- Cleaning brass, bronze, stainless steel, and sterling material as they arrive in-house
- Sanding, polishing, stamping, and sharpening various metal products
- Quality checking against control samples and images
- Updating production system with status of finishing
- Oversee workshop supply ordering
- Proficiency with metal finishing is a plus
- Experience with workshop management is a plus
- Committed to and excited by the entire production process, actively observing ways in which our systems can be improved to reduce error and increase efficiency
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while prioritizing work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to align a team toward common goals while upholding quality control standards
- Be comfortable in a role that flexes with our growing company
Craighill is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status. To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include how you learned about this opportunity within the body of your email.